Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (MGR)     30 December 2013

Registerd will vs unregistered will vs 1st legal heirs

Dear sir,

My uncle died on oct.2013. He was 76 and suffering from throat cancer for the last 8 years. He was a childless Man. Two years back he made a registered Will with Tehsildar in which he declared that his Sister-in-Laws (wife's sister) son as legal owner for his property as he was looking after him for the last 22 years. His age is now 34 years and he is unmarried. After 01 year of above said 1st Will he made another registered Will in which he has given around 15% share to his elder brother’s son stating that he is canceling his first will with 2nd Will.

After his death, according to 2nd Will, both parties claimed agricultural land and got mutation done. Uncle’s wife had no objection on this. She had given affidavit in front of tehsildar and patwari regarding transfer of property as per second Will.

Now after transfer of property all other family member of my uncle’s family produced an unregistered will with his signature stating that this is his last will. This unregistered will was dated 10 days before his death. Will was witnessed by his younger brother, sister-in-law (brother’s wife) and sister of my uncle.

Younger brother himself has written above said unregistered and fraudulent will. In which he stated that all property belongs to uncle family and will be headed by younger brother and will be distributed by him. His family will give monthly expanses(no amount was mentioned) to deceased’s wife till she alive. Now the case is in court.

The boy who got 15% share now turned hostile and given his statement in front of court that as he doesn’t know the boy (Sister-in-law’s son) who got 85% share of the property.

Aunty had given her statement in front of judge that above registered will shall be executed and the boy who served them from childhood and till to date shall get legal rights on his 85% share.

UnRegistered Will Also attached..

Awaiting to hear a valuable opinion

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

The property proposed to be inherited by Will of has to be probated by the court of law, so please follow the procedure of the court in this respect.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     31 December 2013

Views of various judgments are related to your query which are to be considered in replying to your query and that can be possible only when you will agree to pay my usual professional fees for Rs.3,500/-. IF YOU AGREE PLEASE LET ME KNOW  BY RETURN MAIL bnroy.advocate@gmail.com B. N. ROY, Senior Advocate'

Rabindran (Not applicable )     01 January 2014

Registration of a Will does not make any difference. An unregistered Will is equally valid as that of a registered Will, it is only proof of execution that matters. As far as probate of a Will it becomes mandatory in metropolitan areas. But when a right to property is claimed through a. Will before a Court of law it can be claimed only. If the Will probated.

govindsharma (practice)     06 January 2014

i agree

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     14 January 2014

Kindly refer to the recent Land Acquisition.Instrument of inheritence from self earned property needs further examination and guidelines....The existing orders are also not clear about the prior permission in cases related to pensioners and the legal status...The guidelines to the extent in the matter after the issue of Land acquisition bill needs special attention.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register