LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     23 May 2010

Regional benches of Supreme Court

THE HINDU has reported today that on a question whether the government was in favour of setting up of Supreme Court Benches, The Union Law Minister Dr. Moily said,  the government was not in favour of regional Benches. But as in the United Kingdom, he said, “we are contemplating courts of appeal in various regions to restrict the appeals in criminal and civil cases so that the Supreme Court can concentrate on constitutional matters.”

Should Civil and Criminal jurisdictions of the Supreme Court be carved out and be given to another  court established for that purpose?

Learning

13 Replies

(Guest)

WOW !! Marvellous idea !!!.. I welcome.....

tufail qadri (advocate)     23 May 2010

this is really need of the hour.....

Amardeep Srivastava (Senior Law Officer)     24 May 2010

Sir,

I feel that it would only create another layer since the orders from the proposed appellate court can again land up in the Supreme Court under their extra ordinary powers. The better course of action could be to increase the strength of the Supreme Court and have some judges exclusively for disposing of the old matters with some targets like 1 or 2 cases to be disposed off per day.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 May 2010

Either Regional benches or in the alternative mentiond by the Hon'ble Union Minister is welcome.

VIJAY K. TEOTIA (ADVOCATE)     25 May 2010

I favour this idea. looking into the length and breadth of the country and the plight of litigants and expenses incurred on travelling, fooding, lodging, it is imperative that four regional bences of supreme court be established to hear criminal and civil appeal. supreme court should concentrate on constitutional matters. pending cases in supreme court of non constitutional matters should also be transferred to such regional benches. further a time frame may also be fixed for disposal of pending matters.

(Guest)

I OBJECT YOU Mr. N. K. Assumi !!!!!!!!

Please STOP using the word “Hon’ble” and behave like a “OWNER OF THE UNION OF INDIA” and as a DEMOCRAT CITIZEN of DEMOCRATIC INDIA…

YOU ARE THE FIRST AND MOST HON’BLE AS A CITIZEN… AND ALL OUR REPRESENTATIVES IN GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC SERVANTS IN ADMINISTRATION ARE SECONDARY…..

TILL WHEN YOU (AND WE ALL CITIZENS) WILL NOT CHANGE TILL THAN YOU WILL BE ON SECONDARY POSITION.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     25 May 2010

He has addressed not only to an individual citizen of India but to a representative of citizens i.e. the people of India.

Dear Mr. Ram Samudre,

You are right. I respect your principle.  A citizen and  moreover the people of India are supreme and most honorable.

But, where is point to object Mr. Assumi ! Has he said that a citizen or people of India are not supreme ! Has he used the word "Honourable" for a non citizen !!!

He has not addressed  an individual citizen  but  a representative of citizens i.e. the people of India. It is good thing  to respect the  people's representatives. They are collectively  citizen of India.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     25 May 2010

Dear Mr. Ram Samudre,

You are right. I respect your principle.  A citizen and  moreover the people of India are supreme and most honorable.

But, where is point to object Mr. Assumi ! Has he said that a citizen or people of India are not supreme ! Has he used the word "Honourable" for a non citizen !!!

He has not addressed  an individual citizen  but  a representative of citizens i.e. the people of India. It is good thing  to respect the  people's representatives. They are collectively  citizen of India.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 May 2010

mr ram samudre ji,

your principle is distinguished one & very perfect.

but dr tripathi's explanation also good and fair.

i wellcome the branches of sc at all states.

one thingh in this respect is in my mind that, why we will be waiting for the just, for final judgement of sc? why the justice will not be guranted at lowest level by strengthening the lowest court?

a lower court can not take the issue of fundamental rights, a lower cort can not reconcider it's own judgement, like sc. where lies the bars for it and why?

it is said that justice delayed is justice denied. the first justice delivered by the lowest court.

(Guest)

Dear elder brother,

Please review on my claim of position.

It is we gives ever respect to the persons on secondary position but they ever misuse it by treating it as a salute to the superior by neglecting the citizens who are the owner of India and their master too.

People Elected Representatives - Themselves opted for themselves as AT PAID SOCIAL SERVICE.  And whosoever at paid service his conduct ever falls "under suspect and subsequent watch".  Payer is ever a master and server is ever under conditions.

Record ever matters and we have record of 60 years of these PAID SOCIAL WORKERS.

I can extend equality at first position with common people to those who offer him for social service without honorarium.

My claim stands good.  It is my India and I will lead it according to my principles.  i will get returns accordingly.

It is your India too and you are free to lead it according to your wish.  You will get returns accordingly.

Thanks and best regards...

"I can extend equality at first position with common people to those who offer him for social service without honorarium."   Good and supportable

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register