Upgrad LLM

regional benches of supreme court

THE HINDU has reported today that on a question whether the government was in favour of setting up of Supreme Court Benches, The Union Law Minister Dr. Moily said,  the government was not in favour of regional Benches. But as in the United Kingdom, he said, “we are contemplating courts of appeal in various regions to restrict the appeals in criminal and civil cases so that the Supreme Court can concentrate on constitutional matters.”

Should Civil and Criminal jurisdictions of the Supreme Court be carved out and be given to another  court established for that purpose?

FOUNDER-PRESIDENT DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS FORUM (DRF) - The Foundation for Social Justice and Constitutional awareness for trial of public service. (Ph.9322246333) drf.india@gmail.com

WOW !! Marvellous idea !!!.. I welcome.....

advocate

this is really need of the hour.....

Senior Law Officer

Sir,

I feel that it would only create another layer since the orders from the proposed appellate court can again land up in the Supreme Court under their extra ordinary powers. The better course of action could be to increase the strength of the Supreme Court and have some judges exclusively for disposing of the old matters with some targets like 1 or 2 cases to be disposed off per day.

Advocate

Either Regional benches or in the alternative mentiond by the Hon'ble Union Minister is welcome.

ADVOCATE

I favour this idea. looking into the length and breadth of the country and the plight of litigants and expenses incurred on travelling, fooding, lodging, it is imperative that four regional bences of supreme court be established to hear criminal and civil appeal. supreme court should concentrate on constitutional matters. pending cases in supreme court of non constitutional matters should also be transferred to such regional benches. further a time frame may also be fixed for disposal of pending matters.

FOUNDER-PRESIDENT DR. BABASAHEB AMBEDKAR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS FORUM (DRF) - The Foundation for Social Justice and Constitutional awareness for trial of public service. (Ph.9322246333) drf.india@gmail.com

I OBJECT YOU Mr. N. K. Assumi !!!!!!!!

Please STOP using the word “Hon’ble” and behave like a “OWNER OF THE UNION OF INDIA” and as a DEMOCRAT CITIZEN of DEMOCRATIC INDIA…

YOU ARE THE FIRST AND MOST HON’BLE AS A CITIZEN… AND ALL OUR REPRESENTATIVES IN GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC SERVANTS IN ADMINISTRATION ARE SECONDARY…..

TILL WHEN YOU (AND WE ALL CITIZENS) WILL NOT CHANGE TILL THAN YOU WILL BE ON SECONDARY POSITION.

He has addressed not only to an individual citizen of India but to a representative of citizens i.e. the people of India.

Dear Mr. Ram Samudre,

You are right. I respect your principle.  A citizen and  moreover the people of India are supreme and most honorable.

But, where is point to object Mr. Assumi ! Has he said that a citizen or people of India are not supreme ! Has he used the word "Honourable" for a non citizen !!!

He has not addressed  an individual citizen  but  a representative of citizens i.e. the people of India. It is good thing  to respect the  people's representatives. They are collectively  citizen of India.

Dear Mr. Ram Samudre,

You are right. I respect your principle.  A citizen and  moreover the people of India are supreme and most honorable.

But, where is point to object Mr. Assumi ! Has he said that a citizen or people of India are not supreme ! Has he used the word "Honourable" for a non citizen !!!

He has not addressed  an individual citizen  but  a representative of citizens i.e. the people of India. It is good thing  to respect the  people's representatives. They are collectively  citizen of India.

UNEMPLOYED

mr ram samudre ji,

your principle is distinguished one & very perfect.

but dr tripathi's explanation also good and fair.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x