LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sushil das   17 October 2019

Regarding Suspension

I am a Bank officer. I was suspended on 21.02.2019. I received a show cause letter with the charges for which I was suspended. I reply the show cause letter on 14.06.2019. But still date I have not received any letter from the authority.
I only request you to know that how long I may be suspended or it is automatically revoke.

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 October 2019

Contact your Union/Association to know the status.  In general, the Bank never accepts any explanation from an employee as correct after suspension and framing of the charge sheet, and certainly orders for Enquiry.  Instead of hurrying further at the last moment, it is always better to contact your association and discuss it with them for appointing a representative on your behalf for inquiry proceedings.  If it is involving fraud or financial loss, the case require tactful handling.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 October 2019

Yes, it is seldom the case that once a charge-memo is issued, the proceedings are dropped on the basis of the reply or statement of defence. The procedure involves appointment of the inquiry officer, conducting of the inquiry, submission of written brief, submission of inquiry report and decision of the disciplinary authority. It is advisable that you familiarise with the procedures. You are entitled to take the assistance in defence during the inqury.

In the meanwhile you can request for expediting the proceedings, if you are so inclined or let the things take their own turn.

Now that charge-memo has been served, you may make representtion/appeal to get the suspension. There are judicial decisions that suspension should not be unusually prolonged.

You are entitled for subsistence allownce and this allowance needs to be enhanced after the initial period of three months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register