Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   29 September 2022

Regarding review petition in mumbai high court

Hi,

I have one query regarding the maintenance in High Court. Begining of January 2020, Bombay High Court ordered an interim maintenance of rupees 20,000 for me to pay towards my child's educational expenses only who was just 7 years old at the time of passing order. However, the actual educational expenses was much lesser per month as per the expenses shared by my wife. I complied with the maintenance order for first 3 months and at the same time I filed review petition with a proof of actual educational expenses to reduce the maintenance in High Court within 1.5 months, but due to COVID, the courts were closed from March 2020 and later on slowly they opened. Now it's been close to 3 years, the outstanding amount of maintenance to be paid by me is higher and there is no decision taken on my review petition yet. The opponent's lawyer are escalating the matter that if I don't pay outstanding amount in 2 weeks time, then they will initiate contempt of court proceedings against me. Also, the next High Court date is not moving Since 2020. So, I have a question Do I have a legal right to safeguard myself since there is no decision taken on the review petition and the actual judge who ordered is retired? Or the only option is to pay the outstanding amount although the amount passed just for educational expense was so high?

Learning

1 Replies

Vishal, Adv-Supreme Court (Advocate Whatsapp 9717985984)     15 October 2022

Please give a call.

Vishal Garg , Advocate- Supreme Court of India (M. 9717985984)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register