Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shobhit (SSE)     11 August 2012

Regarding rent deposit in for commercial property

Hi All,

My father was a tenant for a shop for 28 years(Kanpur) now after his death the landlord is trying to take it back. He is not accepting the rent for few months, initially we have deposited the rent through post office but now after 3 months we have decided to deposit the rent in court, the problem is since no one is capable enough of going to the bank to deposit it can we do it online i.e is there any account or something in which we have to deposit the rent .

Also please let me know what are his chances against us.

Learning

2 Replies

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     16 August 2012

Dear Shobit, You do not inherit right to continue tenancy of shop run by your father.  Land lord can resume back.  How can you deposit the rent in court unless there is a case filed.  Is the lease agreement registered, what are the terms, in whose favour the rental deed is made... in the name of your father or in the name of the business your father was running..... can you prove that you and your father together were jointly occupying and running the shop all along and the land lord accepted rents from you in the past and impliedly accepted you as tenant along with your father.  All these points are of use to get the new lease deed executed in your favour by the land lord instead of vacating.  It also depends on the content of lease deed.  If there is no written down lease deed, you are in a better position.  Consult a good advocate.

PRAVEEN KUMAR BHATNAGER (LAWYER)     11 October 2012

Dear Shobhit,

The court does not accept online deposit of rent. You are advised to go to an advocate who should rent expert otherwise you can lose your legal grip on the rental property. Each court consists nazarat where any tenant can deposit the rent on his own risk with the permission of Court.

PRAVEEN KUMAR BHATNAGER  ADVOCATE FIROZABAD (U.P.)

E MAIL  lawexplorer@ymail.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More