Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shreyash   24 January 2017

Regarding probation period and confirmation in cpse/psu.

Namaste to all seniors/experts here.

I have been serving a Central public sector entrprise(cpse)/(PSU) a maharatna company since last 5 years. Its been more than 1 year I also got a promotion. Although I am entitled to all perks and allowance which my other collegeues are taking. But the difference is some of them have a confirmation letter which says that they have completed the probation period whereas i didnot get any such confirmation. The reason as told by HR dept./(management) is that one of the address places mentioned/filled up by me during joining process is not yet verified. Please let me know 

1) If it is even legal and am I still be considered as a probationary employee?

2)If this can cause any problem in future?

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2017

please state the fact why your addresses are not verified.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 January 2017

Though you have not received confirmation, as your probation was not terminated within prescribed time, you continue to be a confirmed employee for all purposes.  Please verify the service agreement, the employer has to give one month time before completing the probation, poininting out the irregularity and may either extend probation or terminate.

Do'nt worry, some procedural formalities.  Complete your part of providing details even by applying leave and convince the employer.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     25 January 2017

Appears to be a silly reason.  If your address could not be verified, you should have been questioned and no satisfactory reply, should have been removed from service.

You may approach the Official in charge (not the down the level desk fellows) of your HR and have a talk with him, duly taking a prior appointment as per the procedure of the organisation you are working.  A direct approach always gives results rather than discussing the matter in public forums.

shreyash   25 January 2017

Sir I have given 3 adress during the time of my joining 1 of it was the place where i was working earlier and it was an address of a working hostel Other two address of my current and permanent residance is verified.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 January 2017

You need not provide your explanation to the forum.  As advised establish personal contact, give a written clarification and settle the issue, even after applying leave.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register