LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vetrivel (Personal)     09 August 2017

Regarding car copy

One guy gave wrong complaint against my dad last year December and get an csr copy from the police station and police know the truth and they didn't enquire about this to my dad. Now that guy forcing police to file fo Fir copy. Please let me know is there any validity for csr copy. And let me know police can file fir after 9 months. Please give your feedback how to proceed this issue further.


 4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 August 2017

Simply filing a complaint and getting a copy of FIR may not involve your father .  They have to make preliminary inquiry, and only when there is a prima facie case, they may file charge sheet.  There are thousands of such cases in each police station where FIR is lodged, but investigation has not even commenced even after severeal years.  You know only when the charges are very serious, police take action and for petty cases, they ignore unless they receive pressures.

1 Like

vetrivel (Personal)     09 August 2017

Thanks a lot for prompting response. Police can able to File FIR after 9 months??

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 August 2017

Let the police deal with the matter in their ddiscretion. It is unnecessary bothered about the matter unless your father is called for questioning or recives a summons from the Magistrate Court. Why shoud you invite the monkey sitting on other person's shoulders to jump on yours?

vetrivel (Personal)     09 August 2017

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. This will give strength to face this issue.


Thanks again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register