LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     13 October 2021

Redevelopment of c1 pagdi building

Respected Experts , 

As a landlord my building is declared under C1 , and building is due for demolition, the physical measurement has been done of each flat and area statement has been issued to landlord with copy to tenants . In new development landlord is planning self development since no builder is coming forward with any feasibility. The pagdi tenants who paid us hardly 100-200 per month are now asking for more area than existing and that too as ownership plus interim rental . All this is practically not feasible for me as I am a landlord but I am also am salaried and have same challenges like tenants . Just because I am called landlord does not mean I have lots of money. 

my question is : can I offer same areas as mentioned in BMC area certificate issued and can I continue with these tenants  on rental in new property since they are unwilling to spend any amount ? If they don't agree , thru court can I surrender this area and move ahead on redevelopment so that I at least am able to rebuild and move back into my property. 

your  expert advise will be of great help . 


 1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     13 October 2021

The tenants do not have any legal right to demand ownership rights in the new building, they continue to enjoy their tenancy rights. The State Government has proposed that tenants should be allowed between 25% and 30% more area in the new flats. You had better consult a practicing lawyer conversant with property development matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query