LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

t ranganath (g m)     13 January 2010

rectification of sale deed

Dear Sir,

In the last page os sale deed, S/o & w/o has been typer wrongly, for rectfying this what is the procedure ? and whether we have to pay stamp duty again?

Purchaser and seller will come for registrar office.









 5 Replies

kranthi kiran (Works In Judicial Department)     13 January 2010

If no new rights are transferred or created between the same parties through the rectification deed, only a nominal fee for rectifcation will be collected.

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     13 January 2010

no you dont need pay stamp duty again proper course is to make rectiifaction dded regarding the sale deed and dont forget is to register through the same registereing authority coz under the only registered doucument can  changed or alter through another registered document

Dirgesh kumar sharma (Advocate)     13 January 2010


first,  you buy 100/- Stamp peper and Draft rectification deed

secondry  Purchaser submit rectification deed with Photo copy of sale deed against sub rgistrar consurnig place.

than started your ragistration pros...

Nali Seshu Kumar (SOCIAL WORKER)     16 January 2010

the vendor of the sale deed must be present to execute the rectification deed . but my opinion this is not a serious mistake the name which mantioned in the document is helps to the clarrification as per the procedural laws there is no differance between he/she..

rajkumar.vnm.marupeddi (advocate)     24 January 2010

Some times, parties obtain rectification deeds executed on the ground that the said mistake occurred due to inadvertance of the document writer. But, instead of approaching the same document writer, they engage a different document writer. should be little bit cautious to avoid legal technicalities. A Rectification Deed requires nominal expenditure.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query