LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

parthiban   08 July 2022

Recover marriage hall advance amount

Dear Experts,


I have paid Advance of 30000 to Marriage hall,Marriage has been called off by Bride side.Hence initmated the same to Marriage Hall owner to cancel the booking

And payback the advance.Marriage owner denied to do that.Also they have given one terms and conditions paper while booking Marriage Hall,stating advance amount wont be returned Incase of cancellations.


1)By considering the above fact ,stIll I am eligible to legal Remedy to get back my Advance amount.??

2)if the marriage hall owners claimed that ,while booking itself I have intimated the terms and conditions that Advance can't be returned incase of cancellation.

SO in this scenario what would consumer court decide.


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 July 2022

ucan send legal notice for recovery

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     09 July 2022

The terms and conditions are binding only if they form a part of the receipt of payment or if you have signed a separate form agreeing to the terms.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2022

As already suggested you may send a legal notice. Every thing depends upon the terms and conditions while making advance and whether you had agreed to them with free consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query