Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amninder Jit Kaur (House Wife)     11 November 2011

Protecting old parents in india

Hii,

I have aquestion regarding protecting my parents rights in India. My father is the oldest of his 5 brothers. He is a bank retiree. The property of the brothers should be divided in 5 brothers. My father has the property/ land on his name but the "Kabja" is still pending. The other 4 brothers are molesting my old father and are making varoius excuses to not give him Kabja. Moreover, since my father has returned to farming after 25 years of his job, the other brothers played trick and gave my father land to cultivate in seperate small pieces scattered all over the place rather than a chunk on 1 side. Now my father can't water the land properly because its all scattered, nor the laborers agree to harvest crops in small chunks. My uncles also influence laboureres not to help my dad.

My question is How can I help my Father while sitting in US? Is there a petiton or report I can file against my Chachas(uncles) to not mentally/Physically molest my old parenst and to give their land on 1 side. Is there any legal action which can be taken? I am so worried about my parents.

Please advise!

Thanks.

A daughter

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

In Himachal Prdesh such children apart from being jailed are denied any property rights:

All India Status:

https://mynation.wordpress.com/2007/12/07/india-passes-law-to-punish-children-who-abandon-elderly-parents/

(Guest)

Chachas are not children.They must be prosecuted for harrasment and add causing grievous injuries[which can be mental resulting in physical injuries] .Also sue for Tort [Though Indian Courts don't know anything about Tort]. One exception is there: IN Re Bhim Singh case.

(Guest)

You are a daugher.All the more reason for Chachas/whatever end up in jail.Engage an excellent advocate.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     11 November 2011

Randhir has replied well, follow his advice.I do agree with him

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register