Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guddubhundu2028 (n/a)     11 February 2010

Need your kind suggestions...

Hello Respected All,

 I need help regarding the following I have registered (on 1/12/09 ) with a consultancy and they charged me 3000 Rs and told me they will provide me with a job within 15 day , Now its almost 2 months but still nt even a single interview ..............

1)What should i do bcause evtime i ask them about job they jus say its in pipeline.

2)I have the receipt for 3000 Rs but no written agreement as such for the same.

3)Shall i lodge FIR, and If police denies to lodge FIR, and wh is the procedure do police charge anything to file a case aganist consultancy, do i hv to visit court, i dnt kn ni procedure.

4)As a secondary evidence i hv voice recording of the consultant.

Thanks in advanced........


 10 Replies

sugandh (student)     11 February 2010

dear case of absence of any agrement to this effect...things are quiet tough....such people are there to make fool of innocent job seekers...thats why they dont entre into have two options....either forget your money, or you can file a consumer case against those can do one more thing...if you yourself can go to the nearest police station to that offc.....and ask them to lodge a in the absens of cannot subtantiate your claim of forgery undr IPC.

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     11 February 2010

Dear Guddu,


Written agreement is not necessary.  Since you have the receipt, it is deemed that there was a oral agreement to fetch you job.  Moreoever as per the rules of a consultancy they can take efforts to fetch you a job, but that is not a guarantee.  The money they received from you is only for taking efforts to fetch a job and cannot be presumed as a real guarantee.  Hence you do not have a definite right to sue the consultancy.  The matter is purely civil in nature and hence there is no question of criminal complaint with police as such.   Hence your claim can be enforced only by civil law and since as there is no guarantee given by the consultancy to get you a job it is not worthy proceeding against the consultancy.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     11 February 2010

 Did you pay by cheque?

guddubhundu2028 (n/a)     11 February 2010

No Anil Sir, i paid cash..

guddubhundu2028 (n/a)     11 February 2010

Thnxs to all for ur valueable inputs ..but why can't i lodge case under IPC 420 ...

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     11 February 2010

 I will sound cynic to you. You have got to forget 3000 in order to save 30000 and lose your sleep. Being an honest man yourself, you will feel cheated and your blood will boil and you would want to do anything to teach him a lesson. Yes, that is what a normal human being would think.

Now think of the abnormality. This world is full of crooked people out to stab you in the back.

Let this be a bitter pill and a lesson. Of course you are the best judge of the situation.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 February 2010

Dear Guddu, I joined Shri.Anil, to your rs.3000/- funeral service.Just ignore it and from next time look before you leap.All the best.

Daksh (Student)     13 February 2010

Dear All,

I concur with Mr.Anil Agarwal and Mr.N.K.Assumi.

Best Regards


guddubhundu2028 (n/a)     14 February 2010

Thnx for all ur valuable inputs

sreenath cochin (advocate)     23 February 2010

i agree with shree anil.let it be a lesson to all of us

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query