Change of name to step father


I marrage with woman who is divorce & have 10 year child. Her hasband never look at them nor wife or son. Now the boy is in 6th std.I heard the new rule that we can change name of child to her mother's surname is that ture?

As per new rule from education ministry of Maharashtra?

I want to change the name of child: middle & surname. Can it is possible for me to do so?

Please help

Waiting for reply

Thank you.



hello sir,

u can change name & surname both. 1st u registered ur marriage at registerer office and then u change name in gazate


We  marriage in temple. we have ration card & pan card that will do to do the same.Either going to registerer office.

Thank you for reply

Thank you agian


hello sir

you just make make adoption deed

Legal & Social Activist

Please adopt only if they are 100% faithful to you else in case of dispute the child will have full rights like a natural child.


Please be careful while adopting.


For adoption deed you need the consent of the biological father of the child i.e. your wife's ex-husband.

Is your wife's ex-husband ready to sign on the adoption papers? Otherwise its not feasible.


In India, custodian and natural guardian rules are different than Other countries.

Your wife has got only custody rights but no rights by default get conferred  on guardianship/ to take a decision on adoption etc.


On birth cert the name, father's name and surname can never be changed.


Don't get into all this. Treat the child as foster child and move on.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x