Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muthukumar (TE)     15 April 2008

accident case in Lok Adhit

Hi

My father met with accident, the case held around four year, now the insurance company came forward to have a compensation (Lok Adhit). But the insurance company did not turn up on the day of lok adhit. what is process in this position.

How much can i pay to my advocate for this case.

Thanks

Muthu

Learning

3 Replies

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     15 April 2008

Mr.Muthukumar, LokAdalat is the place where the parties to a litigation come to a settlement with regard to the claim of each party. Upon coming to a settlement the Lok Adalat would pass a decree and judgment in the lines of the compromise/settlement arrived at between the parties. When both the parties represent before a court that they have come to an understanding/settlement the court would refer the matter to Lok Adalat. Lok Adalat would then give a date on which the both parties should be present to record the settlement. If any of the parties do not turn up on any date fixed by the Lok Adalat, then the Lok Adalat can refer back the matter to the regular court where the case was originally filed where the case would be dealt with in the usual course as if no settlement has been arrived at by the parties.

JETHIN DAS K P (ADVOCATE)     16 April 2008

dear freind upon settlement u need to pay 5-10 % of theamount of ur compensation

R. Brizmohan Singh (Practising Lawyer)     17 April 2008

It is also possible that the Lok Adalat instead of referring back to the regular court, adjourn the matter for you to take out personal notices to the insurance company. Another thing is that it is well and good that the terms of compromise are already determined by the parties before the date or else the Lok Adalath itself may intervene and negotiate on behalf of any of the parties.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register