Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

query on property

Hello Sir/Madam , I have a question on property.
My father in law has two children i.e my wife and my brother in law. He has to sites where no houses are built. These sites are his ancestral sites.

Talking about there family , my father in law has two brother along with him and four sister.

Recently they have divided their ancestral property.

Now kindly suggest how can my father in law register these 2 sites to his children?. He is trying a lot to register to his children but the sub registrar is stating some non sense things and not registering.

 3 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     16 June 2021

Without disclose the details of the list of property how to say suggestions. If the property once came your father in law then he can write a settlement deed to your wife and your brother in law as he likes.

Venkatesh Mannem (Legal consultant)     16 June 2021

Out of your stipulations, what we understood is that your father in law has got 2 vacant house sites on partition of his ancestral property amongst his 2 brothers and 4 sisters (here you did not specify about surveillance of his parents).  And presently he wanted to convey both the said house sites to his children i.e your wife and your brother in law.

You also did not mention whether your father in law has got his share whether by means of a written or oral partition amongst his brothers and sisters.  

If it was a written partition duly registered, by taking the reference of such registered "partition deed" /"Settlement deed" your father in law can convey his said share to his children by means of a gift deed.

In case your father in law has got his share of the said 2 house sites out of the verbal partition amongst his brothers and sisters, suggest him to have a partition/settlement deed with his brothers and sisters now and get it registered with the registrar of assurances to sort out the existing problem.


SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     16 June 2021


After diving/partition between your father-in-law and his siblings, your father-in-law is the owner of the property. So if he wants to transfer these properties to his children i.e. to your wife and to your brother in law then he can execute a gift deed in the name of your wife and your brother-in-law. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query