LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Singh   19 July 2016

Query on medical exemption for expense done in 2014

Respected Members, I have the below 2 queries. 1.My father is retired and getting pension from central government.He spends around Rs.60000 per year on my mother's insulin for diabetes.Is there any section where I can claim tax exemption on this amount? '2.I spent around Rs. 2 lakh on my mother's cancer treatment in Oct,2014 but I did not claim any tax benefit in last year's return.Can i claim the benefit this year in section 80DDB?Also, can me and my father separately claim benefit since he also spent Rs 1 lakh in year 2014. Regards,

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     19 July 2016

yes you can claim all medical expenses under medical insurance plan.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     19 August 2016

Dear Client,

Dear Client,

Your  father and mother maybe senior citizens crosed 60 years in age. Your father can claim deduction of Rs.60,00 towards medical expenses on account of insulin to your mother being  a senior citizen under currentr Incomne  tax Law.or sectoiopn 80 DDB Your mother may also may be a senior citizen crossed 60 or more. you can get a deduction of /rs.60,000 out of more  than  2lacs spent by youu on account of her cancer treatmen as she  is a  dependent mother on you.t. If you are  ajoint Hindu family a total deduction of 1.5 lakhs you  can claim by you and  your father towards your mother;s medical expenditure if you've not already availed of this ceiling limit or cap unde r /section 80C of IT Act 1961.

Dear Client,

Dear Client,

Your  father and mother maybe senior citizens crosed 60 years in age. Your father can claim deduction of Rs.60,00 towards medical expenses on account of insulin to your mother being  a senior citizen under currentr Incomne  tax Law.or sectoiopn 80 DDB Your mother may also may be a senior citizen crossed 60 or more. you can get a deduction of /rs.60,000 out of more  than  2lacs spent by youu on account of her cancer treatmen as she  is a  dependent mother on you.t. If you are  ajoint Hindu family a total deduction of 1.5 lakhs you  can claim by you and  your father towards your mother;s medical expenditure if you've not already availed of this ceiling limit or cap unde r /section 80C of IT Act 1961.

Dear Client,

Dear Client,

Sorry I made a typing mistake instead of Rs. 60,000  spent by your father etc I mistakenml;y typed Rs.60,00 which was  a typing mistake. Kindly read it as Rs.60,000 instead of Rs.60,00..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register