Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (Project Engineer)     10 May 2013

Query on breaking agreement with company

Hi,

I am Rahul working in an European Semi-conductor Organization. I joined this organization in Nov,2010 in Delhi. In 2012 April, I took the transfer from Delhi to Bangalore to strengthen their business activity in bangalore centre. To facilitate this transfer, they provided me some relocation benefits which costs more than 3lacs. But, the company made an agreement with me that if I would leave the company before 2 years from date of my relocation, I have pay the full amount to the company.

Now, I am going for higher studies before completion of this agreement period. Due my financial crisis, I am unable to pay this huge amount. Though I am trying to negitiate with HR / manager, they are not listening to my problem.

Now my query is what may be the consequences of this? May this company take any legal actions against me?

Regards,

Rahul

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 May 2013

Employee should always consult before signing on the dotted line.

The relocation was transfer for business reasons for the company.

Thus it should have been without any cost and consequences to employee.

However you have entered into an agreement by your free will.

You may obtain copy of certified standing orders of the company, service rules, transfer/relocation policy (does it state itemized detail of the amounts to be paid and does it contain any statement like any other amounts as deemed fit…….), communications exchanged with company before/during/after the transfer, agreement/bond signed with company, amounts offered/paid to you, bills of expenses incurred by you, communication and minutes of negotiations with HR etc and show these to a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer specializing in matters pertaining to bond/agreements, give inputs in person, and understand the merits. Your lawyer can draft and structure representations to be submitted if any so as to benefit you in the long run and build favorable record.

Did you ever mention to pay on pro rated basis and higher studies you want to peruse.

In the meantime you may go thru the attachments.

Attached File : 510759118 417759075 validity of employment bonds.pdf, 510759118 background paper.pdf downloaded: 162 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More