LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karunakar   02 February 2017

Query about the future of granddaughter

My brother was received my father govt job on compassionate grounds. Due to health problems, my brother was expired and sister-in-law received his govt job on compassionate grounds. They have a daughter, now her age 10 years. It’s already over 5 years joining in job and now she did love marriage and registered her marriage.

My questions:

Is there any possibility to bring my brother daughter to her grandmother (Father’s mother), as because my sister-in-law parents and we all thinking she/step-father may not take much care about the girl.

And is there any possibility to get like 30% from salary to her daughter every month for her future?

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Karunakar
My brother was received my father govt job on compassionate grounds. Due to health problems, my brother was expired and sister-in-law received his govt job on compassionate grounds. They have a daughter, now her age 10 years. It’s already over 5 years joining in job and now she did love marriage and registered her marriage.

My questions:

Is there any possibility to bring my brother daughter to her grandmother (Father’s mother), as because my sister-in-law parents and we all thinking she/step-father may not take much care about the girl.

And is there any possibility to get like 30% from salary to her daughter every month for her future?

Application one might give, and ask even sky and moon.  But it is left to discretionary power of court how much to entertain.  Usually it is commensurate with standard of living of child/expenses incurred to bring up child etc till age of 18, but if kid is with the mother, no maintenance can be claimed.  Your query is full of IFs, astrological questions are not entertained in legal forum.

Karunakar   02 February 2017

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !
Application one might give, and ask even sky and moon.  But it is left to discretionary power of court how much to entertain.  Usually it is commensurate with standard of living of child/expenses incurred to bring up child etc till age of 18, but if kid is with the mother, no maintenance can be claimed.  Your query is full of IFs, astrological questions are not entertained in legal forum.

Sir, my mother want to file a case to handover her granddaughter. So that for leagal openion before we file a case, i posted in this forum for suggesions. I know, if no chanses to win the case, it is waste of time and money.

Here i want to know, is their any possibility to handover child or not?

Coming to the maintenance of child, i understood and fully satisfied with your answer.

whatnot   02 February 2017

As aparental side, you can wish the kid all the best and make provision in the will of any property and name the child as a beneficiary for intrest or fixed deposit.

Other than that, claiming child while the mother is still guardian is not acceptable. You are putting child future in jeopardy for misgiving that you may have on your ex daughter in law.

At this moment mother is best child can get and hopefully she will do what is best for child.

Marriage is of personal conseuqence.

Do not push your hidden agenda. It is not worth.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Karunakar

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !

Sir, my mother want to file a case to handover her granddaughter. So that for leagal openion before we file a case, i posted in this forum for suggesions. I know, if no chanses to win the case, it is waste of time and money.

Here i want to know, is their any possibility to handover child or not?

Coming to the maintenance of child, i understood and fully satisfied with your answer.

Karunakar,

Do you think it is morally correct to do such a thing? ie ask the kid as ex-daughter-in-law remarried?  You people ask yourselves whether it is morally, ethically correct.

She ie the daughter in law moved on, be happy for her.  I say you losers should have adopted the daughterinlaw instead of dreaming about adopting or asking court to handover the kid of the daughterinlaw to you.  Like that atleast the parted sould would have felt happy.

Legally here also you can ask mount everest,  but court wont give you even chamundi hill.  Be assured of that much.

Let go.  The one who passed away, is gone.  Any effort in trying to get custody will only help in losing time, peace of mind, money.  If you want to have joy of kid, adopt one instead of running behind this one who already has a mother.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 February 2017

Agreeing with all members.

Probably the widow might be young and thought of her future and remarried.

Usually a mother shall protect her child and more so in case of daughter shall remain vigilant.

It is a family matter and they can discuss the possibilities, of adoption of the girl child by step-father, per personal law that applies in this case.

You may go thru Rules on Compassionate Appointment.

There should be a clause on maintenance of Family members of deceased employee.

Your family can also discuss the possibilities, of adoption of the girl child, per personal law that applies in this case.

Both families can discuss to create a trust for welfare of girl child.

In case of mutual trust there can be many possibilities.

A walk alone (-)     02 February 2017

If your mother file a case to handover her granddaughter she will waste her money and time in court with zero result.claiming child while the mother is still guardian is not acceptable. Why you think child mother / step father will not take care of her?Child is with her mother. No one can take better care of child than her own mother.

Karunakar   03 February 2017

Thanks for all your valuable replies. Will follow.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register