LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

quashing of 498a

Page no : 2

Feroz M Shafeeque (Police Officer)     21 October 2009

It s better you stay away from them at this point. I think police is trying to settle the matter for money by threatening you as they might have found the case really weak. That s why you were not arrested.

Try to get the progress of investigation with the help of a local lawyer. Then move a petition before high court to quash the proceedings.

Jamshed Bey (Lawyer & Legal Consultant +91 9810136627)     22 October 2009

dear Mr. Pandian,

kindly file a case in the concerned High Court for quashing your wife's complaint. There you can get some relief. Either quashing or stay of proceedings or a direction to police not to arrest you or incase they want to arrest you, they will have to give you three days notice. Any of these reliefs will help you. In case notice is provided for your arrest then you can move to the court for bail in the meantime. The police will not be able to arrest you just like that

 For rest, kindly consult your lawyer.

sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     24 October 2009

i here by attach my case summary

Attached File : 15 15 summary of the case.doc downloaded: 61 times

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     24 November 2009


This case summary will be helpful during the trial. But right now you have to take the steps to secure yourself. Please let us know the exact status of the case as on date.


sankarpandian (dental surgeon)     24 November 2009

I Got bail from madurai high court for the fir filed against me on 30th oct  and bond executed on 20th nov now i filed a quash pettition at ernakulam high court for quashing the fir filed at kerala

Manav Sony   15 May 2020

Mr. Jamshed Bey

quite an informative answer. 

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     21 March 2021

Petition for Quashing of an FIR can be filed at High Court under section 482 of Code of criminal procedure, 1973. You need to produce some prima facie evidence in your favour before the High Court to prove malice of wife in alleging false accusations against you.

Best Regards

Mohit Chahal

Advocate & Legal Consultant

Hisar, Haryana


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query