LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selva Ganapathi   07 January 2021

Purchase of Minor property

A Hindu grandfather makes a sale deed with one of his Minor Grandson ( Minor age is 5 ) with his mother as guardian. The mother has 3 sons now but the property is in name of eldest son when the grandfather sold that property. My client bought it from the eldest son ( when the minor becomes major; Minor age is 33 when he sold the property to my client ) without the consent of Gaurdian because the minor turned into major at the time my client bought.
Now the other 2 sons have sent us a legal notice that we have also shares in that property. What is the correct law according to this case? Does the younger ones really has a right to claim ?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 January 2021

Irrespective of law, send a reply notice to the other two sons that the property is absolute property of the seller and it was sold at the age of 33 years and it is not ancestral property.

Selva Ganapathi   08 January 2021

thanks for the reply sir.we sent reply notice through a local lawyer...But just that I want to know the laws regarding to it . is the younger sons have a rights in it ?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 January 2021

Repeated query at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/sale-of-minor-property-214635.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register