LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pitchaiah Bathula   16 November 2020

Property value around 50 lakhs worth

Sir my brother given GP to his son with unconditional. He can even sell out the property. Now brother expired. His son can still have rights as GP to sell or own the property.


 4 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     16 November 2020

Power of attorney automatically terminates in event of death of principal so your nephew has no right to sale the property after death of his father ( principal ) on basis of GPA.

2 Like

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     17 November 2020

1.  AGREE with opinion of above Expert.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 November 2020

But as a legal heir he can enter into partition settlement or if a will is written in his name the son can exercise his rights as legal heir.  As a legal heir, he can step into the property as a claimant after the death of his father as a GPA in the name of son cease to exist from the date of death of father.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     18 November 2020

Agree with expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal.

Attorney is granted by person specific to a person specific which expire with death of either of principal or attroney

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query