LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karuppiah Ganesan (Others)     05 June 2011

Property Transfer after Fathe's death

I had purchased a home in chennai in my father's name. After my father passed away in 2007. I am not sure what is the right way to transfer that property to my name. My mother and 5 sisters are also legal hire. Since My father didn't write any WILL, How this will work. Any help/advice on the steps to get this register will be greatly helpful and much appreciated.



 3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 June 2011

When the property is in your father's name it amounts to his self acquired property.  After his death all the legal heirs will get equal share in that property.  To get tranfer in your name other legal heirs will have to exeucte the regd rights relinquish deed in favour of you  otherwise it is not possible to get enter your name alone.

If you want to enter all the names to the property then file an application before the concerned authroity along with surviviors certificate issued by the tahasildar and death certificate.

1 Like

Karuppiah Ganesan (Others)     05 June 2011

Rajeev- Thanks for your response. We have applied for the legal hire certificate with all of our names. Other legal hires are ready to execute relinquish deed in my favour. However, they are all different places and the property is in chennai. Is there a standard format for this deed, if so, Can you please send me the link or where we can get that. Is it OK if the other legal hire signed the form and send it to me or Do they all have to present together while signing. Thanks  a lot for your response. It really helps.



K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     10 June 2011

My dear Ganesan, You should register the deed either as settlement or relinquishment to their share in the sub registrar office; mear signing sending document to you will be not enough; if any party to the document not abule to attend to the office a special of attorney at his jurisdiction sub registrar office may be exected; after his signature it may be admitted in the office; every immobale property transfer should be by way of registered document only.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register