New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senthil Venkatrajan   30 September 2022

Property title transfer

Self Acquired Properties of Father and Mother. Both Died Intestate leaving 4 Legal Heirs. Whether a Regd Settlement Deed is better or a Regd Partition cum Release / Relinquishment Deed is better. Properties are not joint and located separately. Going to be shared individually as well. Pls advice 


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 September 2022

Settlement deed may be preferred.

Sreejith S   30 September 2022

Preffer a partition deed if all 4 LR'S getting equal shares if you guys have no other disputes or else file a partition suit and by filing a compromise petition/joint statements then You can decree the suit accordingly and take delivery of the property so that no one among the Lr's can later claim on this property
2 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 September 2022

I opine the partition deed is better than the family settlement.  The 4 legal heirs mutually agree to take their share with meat and bounds.

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register