Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravisingh (student)     09 December 2012

Property right of a foregin national

my grabdfather died(nana) was a citizen of india.he has two brothers and one brother died after my anas my grandmother got the property and she is also the citizen od canada and also were the two brothers , but my mother is a citizen of india .so will the disputes be setteled ny indian law or canadian law.the property was ancestral given to my grandfather(nana) by his father


 3 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     09 December 2012

If the property is in India, any dispute shall be resolved in India only as per Indian Laws.


Only the Indian courts have the jurisdiction to try and deal with any suit filed in respect of the property in dispute. Since the property is ancestral your mother has an equal share in it.



Ashish Davessar


Supreme Court of India

Punjab and Haryana High Court

1 Like

ravisingh (student)     09 December 2012

pleases answer the question for the post a complicated question post .it is related to it only

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads