LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niraj Bhatia   10 November 2021

Property registration

Can a immovable property be registered by a person on basis of a family Settlement agreement. Will it require sucession certificate also?


 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 November 2021

It depends on the buyer's choice, as family settlement deed needs no registration, and depending on such mutation entries and giving physical possession immediately, the buyer may opt after publishing such notice in the newspaper of his intention to purchase that property to the extent of Survey no/House, being in possession and enjoyment of Sri................through an unregistered family settlement deed with other co shares for the original owner deceased..........................

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     10 November 2021

In the case of an immovable property only the owner/s can legally sell or transfer the property. If it is required to be legally transferred on the basis of family arrangements these have to be registered first. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 November 2021

Family settlement need not be compulsory registration, however, it is better to get it registered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query