LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Software)     20 January 2011

Property Law

I am buying a Flat in bangalore from good developer. Land owner and developer is same. They have joint venture agreement but it's not registered. Is it necessary to register Joint venture agreement as land owner and developer is same.

Please let me know.

Learning

5 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 January 2011

When there are no two parties, how can it be a joint venture first of all  !!?

ankur (JTO)     20 January 2011

HI ,

i stay in howrah(near kolkata).I purchased a flat 3 years ago did my registration but did not do mutation till date.

infact none of the people in aparment did that.Now the promoter is making us run around and asking unneccry money to give him else he will not give me completion certificate

My question is what  can happen if i continue without doing mutation...like can he take flat away  from me...??

next is there any solution to above problem ..can i take a legal recourse and ask for a completion certificate through a lawyer and till that time i pay my property tax in court or something??

Ram (Software)     20 January 2011

Hi Suchitra,

Thanks for your reply.  Two brothers (A and B) are land owners and also they have  Developers(constructions) PVT LTD.  In this A is Managing DIrector and B is executive Director.  They constructed apartments in their land and made an Joint developement agreement  between the land owners and developers PVT Ltd.

But this JDA is not registered also Shring agreement also not registered.

Please suggest.

Ram

ARUMOY (WELL ENGINEER)     20 January 2011

I am repeating my query ie when an agreement is being signed between a builder & joint owners (in my case signed by me only , as wife cannot be there physically , wife providing POA to me), does the property reflects joint ownership even though the agreement bears the signature of Husband only.  What are the long term consequences for these type of agreement, if any.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     21 January 2011

@ Ram Sir, The joint venture agreement in this circumstance has to be registered. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register