Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manju venkatesh (customer care officer)     08 November 2022

Property issue


We have a house site (30 x40)  in bangalore. Its in my fathers name. My father passed away in 2018. My mother and six children are the share holders. I'm the only son. I would want that property to be registered in my name. My mother and my sisters agree to it as well. Can i register in my name? if yes could you please let me know the procedure to proceed.


 5 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     08 November 2022

Your mother and sisters have to relinquish their respective share in property by registerd relinquishment deed then you will become absolute owner of property.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 November 2022

Very well analysed, opined and advised by expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal ji, I endorse it.

It is appropriate to seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer for necessary action.


Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 November 2022

yes. Reliquishment deed is needed. A relinquishment deed would be created and registered for enabling the co-owners to legally transfer their property's share to another co-owner of the property. The co-owners of a joint Hindu property can give up their right in this immovable asset by relinquishing their ownership

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     08 November 2022

i agree with replies of experts.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 November 2022

There is a Bombay High Court udgment that only a nominal stamp duty need be paid for a relinquishment deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query