LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Diwakar (MD)     09 December 2014

Property document legalization

We had purchased a land in 1983 and registered it in my Mother's name. Years later we found that the original document has been lost and we are unable to trace it.
Now after 30 years, we had to legalize the document.
We got the EC for 30 years and the property is in my Mother's name with no issues.

So now my mother is planning to write a "settlement deed" in our name. Hence the lost "Sale deed" will become the "mother document"

Can we threat this "Settlement deed as the original document for the property".

Please advice?

Learning

5 Replies

Subash M R (Advocate)     10 December 2014

Settlement deed is a non existing document now and which can be treated as title deed/document of the property once it has been executed by your mother in your favour.

Thanking you,

Diwakar (MD)     11 December 2014

Thanks for the clarification Mr.Subash

Having said that the "Settlement deed"  can be treated as the "Title Deed" once executed, do I need to file FIR and give Newspaper adv for the lost "Mother document".

Thanks

Diwakar

M. Kannan (Consultant)     11 December 2014

File FIR with the police, give newspaper adv and apply for the certified copy of the lost document. With that only, your mother can execute settlement deed in your favour.

M. Kannan (Consultant)     11 December 2014

File FIR with the police, give newspaper adv and apply for the certified copy of the lost document. With that only, your mother can execute settlement deed in your favour.

Diwakar (MD)     12 December 2014

Thanks Mr.Kannan

For the quick response and clarification

Regards

Diwakar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register