Property distrubution

We have inheritance propety my father is expire so i want the distrubution of property so i can build the house but my other uncles are not ready for distrubution  me so help me in this regards


Though details are lacking in your question to enable a pointed answer as to the respective share of co-sharers, in the light of Muslim Law, it appears that the issue involved is enforcement of your right of share in the property, division thereof by metes and bounds and after getting independent possession, development  of that slice of the property.

If any of the co-sharers declines to amicably settle your claim, the only remedy is to file a suit for partition, in the jurisdictional civil court. Such of the co-sharers, who would like to join you, in the litigation, can be co-plaintiffs. All the co-sharers, who do not join you are to be made parties to the suit, as defendants.

Depending upon the place,  workload of the court and number of witnesses, the case may take 2 to 5 years to get concluded. Assistance of a competent lawyer is necessary.



Well said advocate Mr. Chandrasekaran.  Thus, in the absence of the details of the nature of property to be partitioned, any specific opinion/suggestion/advise will be misguiding so please provide full details for proper answer.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x