LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parth (NA)     22 March 2014

Property claim

A property was purchased in 2000. All the persons whose name were in the record of  7-12 document have sign the sales deed and agreement. The agreement was also registered. Now I have constructed an house, two daughters who identifies as the legal heir of the original seller are asking for their rights in the property. However their names are no where in the 7-12 document and hence they were missed in the sales deed and agreement. Now can they claim the property. Out of 15 legal heir involved in sales deed and agreement 12 have expired. Will I loose my property. Is their any rule which can help me.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 March 2014

what is this 7-12 document? clarify this will update further.

The 7/12 document (also known as extract) is an extract from the land register maintained by the revenue department of the government of Gujarat, a state in India. The extract gives information of the survey number of the land, the name of the owner of the land and its cultivatior, the area of the land, the type of cultivation - whether irrigated or rain fed, the crops planted in the last cultivating season.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 March 2014

On what basis they are claiming a share,do they have any valid document in this regard ?  If u have all documents in order u donot have to worry. Let them prove in the court of law and claim their share.

They are claiming that I have used forces and bribery for not including their name as legal heir. However if I understand correctly it is the responsibility from seller side to provide us the name of all legal heir. On further inquiring I came to know that these two daughters were of one of the son (of the original owner) but he expired in 1984 and his wife after his dead was staying with her parents hence was deprived rights by other family members.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     23 March 2014

They cannot sue u for the coercion, As i said earlier if your documents are in order you donot worry about the consequences, but here u have not gone through the documents properly. If they are genuine in their claim u have to make good of them .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register