LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Vaidya (Asst.Professor)     15 April 2011

Property Card & Ownership

I have an interesting case. Story of  brother and an unmarried  sister who are in dispute for their property. The property is in the name of both of them as 50% each. The name of the sister was inducted by their mother in the 1970s.  At the time of buying the property the brother was of sixteen years of age and therefore it was part of the HUF, which was disclosed in the last registered will made their mother.  

The unmarried sister took care of the entire propoerty since last 30 years as her brother did not take care of the mother nor the property. Nor did he provide any funds to the sister to take care of the property. As the property is in a prime location, there are many civil ligtitaions.

Now after 30 years, the brother has gone to the collectrate and filed a suit stating that his sister has inducted her name illegally by bribing the officers,which he claims to have known very recenlty.

So now he has two complains made in the Collectrate's Office

1. My sister has done a fraud by bribing Collectorate officials and got her name inducted in the property card as 50% share holder.

2. He has pleaded the collectorate to consider his application as he was late because he came to know about his sister's name very late.

now the reason given in the second complaint is to fool the office, since in many other civil latigations he has mentioned about his siter's name and in many emails he has considered her stake.

He has pleaded the Collectrate to delete the name of his sister from the Property Card and provide him the sole right.

What can result in the collectorate office?? I mean outcome of such things??

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register