LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sneha Sinha   10 November 2021

Promotion results due within 15 days of delivery due date

I am working  in a CPSU in E-2 Grade and my Promotion results are due within a month.However my Delivery due date is within 15 days.I have yet applied for Maternity leave and still working.Once i start my maternity leave i would not be allowed to assume the higher grade of E-3  as per DPE Rules .As maternity leave cannot be taken in parts.

Is there any workaround for this situation.I want to assume the higher grade and then proceed for Maternity Leave.As this promotion is very delayed and late assumption of charge would also effect the future promotions as eligibility is considered on 01-Jan of every year.So this mere gap of 15 days would ultimately result in more than a year delay for future promotions.

Can any benefit be given to Employee in this case.I am ready to apply my personal leaves and then proceed with the remaining Maternity leave after assumption of charge.Is this within law?

Please advise.

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 November 2021

If you are sure that promotion orders will be issued in a fortnight, then you can apply for medical leave for 10 days with suffixing or prefixing holidays.  And more important is you ask your doctor about your position.  If the doctor advises you to continue to work, then you can proceed.  Otherwise, you shall take care of your health but also the baby to be born. some 6 months will be the delayed if you go on maternity leave.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2021

if the promotion is comking in betweenn any kind of leave then it cannot be executed.  Upgradation of status and pay will start from date of assumption.

You alos have a doubt on future promotion.  Such like delayed jjoining do not affect the serniority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register