LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul   17 August 2017

Promissory note validity

I need an clarification & suggestion about the promissory note.

Sold my house to one of my known person & taken only partial amount during registration time and with a mutual understanding we agreed to accept the remaining money after 6 months.(He gave me a promissory notes which we get in the stationary shop, Revenue Stamp & his signature on it).  

As per his comments due to multiple issues, he couldn’t return the money till now, even now he says he will return money in next week but that next week never came.  It’s been almost more than 2 years 8 months still the same story is going on.

Can you please let me know Is there any way where can I resolve this issue ?

Learning

5 Replies

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     17 August 2017

The Validity of pronote is 3 years from the date. it has to be presented before the court within three years. Rush to a Civil lawyer and file the case at earliset as per guidance.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     17 August 2017

Promissory note is valid up to three years from its execution thereafter you can not take any legal action on basic of such promissory note.You have very short period for filing recovery suit.contact to local lawyer for legal action.

Paul   17 August 2017

Thanks for the immediate response.

How many months before Legal action can be taken before to the promissory note expiration date?

(Guest)

sir, pro note is valid for 3 yeras from date of execution.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     17 August 2017

Originally posted by : Paul
Thanks for the immediate response.

How many months before Legal action can be taken before to the promissory note expiration date?

Rush to a Civil lawyer and file the case at earliset as per his guidance. Already your are running out of time, you have only just 3 more months left.

So, just get out of your system and search for Good civil lawyer and place the facts before him, He will do the rest.

payment of Fee to Lawyer is mandatory ;-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register