LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhuri_bansal (CA)     06 July 2015

Procedure to change lawyer confused

I am in the middle of pending divorce litigation in  a lower court. I want to change my lawyer.

Can someone please tell me the procedure to change the lawyer?

An appellate Court (District & Sessions) is in the same city as the lower Court.

So my lawyer insists that he would continue representing me in the District & sessions Court, too, in case I need to appeal.

Is the following scene acceptable in the Court?

Lower Court: Lawyer 1   (City A)

District and sessions Court: Lawyer 2  (City A)

High Court : Lawyer 3  (City B)

If HC refers matter back to the Lower Court, I shall turn similary back again to Lawyer 1.





 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 July 2015

You can take no objection certificate along with all papers  from the previous lawyer and appoint new one in place of him. 

Dvc498avictim (Otherd)     08 July 2015

Is it possible to change lawyer without no objection certificate  as my lawyer is not giving and demanding more money for NOC even though I paid all his fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query