LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (S)     22 April 2011

Procedure for transfer of joint owners share

My father (first name) and mother (second name) jointly owned a flat in Mumbai. He passed away recently without leaving a will. We are his two sons (adult) and we want to transfer my fathers share to my mother.

a) What procedure do I need to follow for the same?

b) Do we need to give an NOC to society?

c) After the transfer is complete can our mother nominate both of us (2 sons) as nominees for the same for the future.

Aprreciate honest advice on the same. Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     22 April 2011

Your father and mother r nominate both of u as nominees. If your father transfer his share in your mother name for that he can registered sale deed in favour of your mother. Then give a registered sale deed copy in society and transfer the name in share certificate. 

Arup (S)     23 April 2011

Thank you bharat kumar, but its seems i may have have not been able to explain my question properly. so i am posing it again. my father and mother owns a flat in mumbai. both are joint holders the society share certificate has both their names. my father passed away recently without a will. now i want to know what will happen to his 50% share in the flat. we (2 adult sons) would like his share to go to our mother and have no problem giving an NOC for the same. what process do we need to follow to achieve this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register