procedure for share transfer

A Director in a private ltd company registered in India, wants to transfer his shares to a company which is a foreign company. In such case, what will be the procedures with regards to ROC to be followed & also will it attaract any formalities from Reserve Bank of India.
ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR divyatta.r@gmail.com

meaning  u have sold share to foreign company, then forign co. is purchaser . it  is purchaser duty to comply with procedure .  u have to  inform reserve  bank  for money to be recived in india.

further ,it depnd on , through which STOCK EXCHANGE u have sold? if not , then as per above procedure. better to consult foreign stock boker. 


Corporate Laws and Indirect Taxation Laws Practitioner.

See...There is no Compliances 2b made at RoC.

Form FC-TRS is to b filed at RBI through Regd AD (Bank) as this is a transfer from Resident to NRI. Then  that Foreign Company will approach the Company whose shares it has taken requesting them to enter its name as a Shareholder of that Comp.

Advocate & Consultant


  1.  Find the buyer is eligible to acquire shares under Forign Direct Investment (FDI) Policy.

  2. Excute the share purchase agreement by buyer and seller.

  3. Excute Share Transfers Form (7B) with appropriate stamp duty by buyer and seller.

  4.  Filed Form FC-TRS to RBI thourgh Authorized Dealer. The following documents are  mandatory accompained with FC-TRS, as


  • The shareholding pattern of the investee company after the acquisition of shares by forign nation or entity

  • Certificate indicating fair value of shares from Charted Accountant 

  • Certificate by the Autorized Dealer Branch

  • Inflow- Transfer from resident to NRI and Forigner.

FC-TRS form available at rbi portal.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x