LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hitesh salgaonkar   19 March 2020

Problem facing in transfer of sra flats after 10 years

Even my father purchased SRA flat in 2009 now after 10 years old owner is demanding money its market value now is 40 lakh and previous owner sold it for 18 lakh and now at the time of transfer she is asking for money she is telling the property rate are being increased and I also need some percent of it. So what you did how you managed up the previous owner even I can't offored to pay such a big cost already. I have to pay double stamp duty which will cost 6 lakh and extra money is demanded by previous owner. So what I do please guide me.


 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     19 March 2020

Any transaction finalised can not be re-opened after 10 years. Whether previous owner (seller) has sent some written demand ?

Discuss the issue, if any and sort out amicably.

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 March 2020

1. There is a lock-in period of 10 years for Sale-Purchase of SRA Flats. Hence any such deal done before 10 years is illegal & unauthorised SRA laws.

2. What you described is a usual practice in Mumbai, without any solution for it, rather than to pay and regularise the deal via a Sale Deed and NOC of SRA.

3. You have options of arm-twisting the original owner into submission by filing criminal cases of cheating, threatening, intimidation, breach of trust, extortion etc...., provided you have the original sale deed /agreement of sale executed between the original owner and Father.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

1 Like

Karan Naik   19 March 2020

If the society issues NOC for registration of document then transfer is possible.
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 March 2020

The NOC by society is not an authority for such transfers, the landlord has to execute the registered transfer deed  hence they are in an upper position demanding the amount.

However if no compromise is arrived at or if there is no possibility for a compromise then you may issue a legal notice or approach police seeking protection from their threats and for the offences of extortion.


1 Like

MAHESH SURYAVANSHI   08 November 2021

Transfer sra namme change

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query