Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rasraj   27 October 2017

Previous employer not clearing my final settlement

Dear Experts,

I was working with a firm named Absoulte Market Insights based out of Pune, Maharashtra. I resigned there back in the month of July 12, 2017. They accepted my resignation through mail and assured me that they will be clearing my final settlement amount and all the other dues after 45 days from the resignation. After completion of the time frame as per their HR policies I tried reaching them regarding clearing my FNF. The company has failed to provide me with my final settlements at a number of instances. I have written them mails number of times but there was no reponse from their end. Evertime I called the HR, she said that she cannot help me with this thing as it is completely upto the Managing Director. I called the Director but he's not telling me anything clearly whether or not he's going to clear my final settlement. I informed him that I left the city and moved to a different city for new opportunity so he started asking me to come down to the office for some clarification. When asked if the company is going to bear my travelling expense they completely refused.

I am not in Pune city anymore and its been more than 3 months since they haven't cleared my final settelment amount. Please suggest me what can I do from my current location. Any help on this issue is much appreciated.


Thank you for your time.
Best Regards


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 October 2017

You can give complaint to the Pune Labour commissioner in writing. see further details in this website.

1 Like

Rasraj   30 October 2017

Thank you for your response Mr. Rama chary Rachakonda. But the problem here is that I am not in Pune city and if I file a complaint against the employer than I'll have to continuously visit Pune till the issue is being resolved. Is there any possibility that I don't have to visit Pune and I can do everything from my current city of residence?


SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 October 2017

You can send notice for demand however if they dont pay then you have to file case in court and you have to attend the case.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 November 2017

While posting such queries employee should post basic information!

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial?

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons report to you?

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? Since how many months you are working? Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing?


Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by you?

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you?

Does the establishment have its appraisal system? Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date? How was your performance?

Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions?

Has the establishment issued/supplied, offer letter, appointment letter, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card, correct FnF statement, Form 16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment and acceptance of notice of resignation/final resignation, acknowledgment of handover of charge, NOC/NDC……………?




Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 November 2017

Respond, discuss and Build some grounds and prepare to defeat the contentions of employer before you agitate?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads