25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mangesh law_student (Service)     21 May 2009

Practising in Supreme Court


Can anyone give info on practising in SC requires how much experience in law field as advocate/lawyer. And lawyer studied and passed out from any BCI approved college can practise in SC after certain experience in high courts?

Or does it have any condition students from colleges registered with SC only get right to practise in SC after passing their law education.

What is the flowchart of courts for lawyer for practising, I mean first lawyer need to practise in lower/district/city courts for 1/2 yrs, then high courts for 5-8 yrs then only allowed in SC for practising.

Please help.


 5 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     21 May 2009

No such requirement. you can argue in supreme court after enrolment in bar council.

1 Like

hage nibo (lawyer)     23 May 2009

But Dr. Saheb, what about "Advocate-on-Record"

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     23 May 2009

Mr. mangesh has not asked about advocate on record. let him first join the bar and there after to know the barriers.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     23 May 2009

there are three categories of advocates in supreme court- ordinary advocate, senior advocate and advocate on record. first two can argue the cases but cases can be filed through advocate on record. advocate on record can file as well as can argue the case.

to become an advocate on record, mr. mangesh will join the supreme court bar , he will practice with an advocate on record for at least 5 years and there after he will have to pass exam for advocate on record .

hage nibo (lawyer)     27 May 2009

thanks 4 the usefull info.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query