LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     17 May 2010

Power of the Governor

The Governor of Karnataka  Mr. H.R. Bhardwaj, has served the notice on Minister for Tourism G. Janardhan Reddy on Sunday seeking explanation . Congress legislator K.C. Kondaiah had filed a complaint (in January) to the Governor on the Bellary Ministers amassing wealth by misusing their official status, and has sought their disqualification from the legislature.

Debatable question is whether the governor has such powers ? or can he take  action against a minister without a report  from the CM ?

Learning

13 Replies

(Guest)

The post of Governor is a joke on democracy.  The Governor is a Plastic Key Doll of political party in power at centre.  Those, who have no use and gone out of demand or out of capacity, but having a track record of "FAITHFULNESS" toward the so called "HIGH COMMAND" of political party in power at centre, are being obliged to enjoy a luxury life on public money without work or to work on finger strips of "HIGH COMMAD" or related political party.  A Governor is like a WHITE ELEPHANT maintaining to which is so costly but has no use except decoration.  The Governor has no constitutional status and constitutional authority in Indian democracy since he is not an elected by people.  He is only a symbolic monument of Indian citizens to use like a rubber stamp for finalising the proposals considered by the legislative assembly or by the Board of Ministers.

A RUBBER STAMP CANNOT DO ANYTHING AT ITS OWN WITHOUT SIGNATURE OF THE AUTHORITY CONCERNED.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     18 May 2010

A Governor is a representative of President to Govern th State. But He have to consult the Counsil of Ministers before taking every decision 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 May 2010

I really appreciate the painting of Governor by Ram Samudre.

S.Sabarinadh (Student)     18 May 2010

The paintings of the Indian President and Governor is of same paints and shape and paper and the picturisation by Ram Samudre was pretty conventional and incredible regards to the man.......

I have heard many of my elders using the rubber stamp usage and

i could assure you that the complaint lodged by kondaiyah was a national waste of paper and his personal energy

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     18 May 2010

mr ram samudre ji - very powerfull pen you have.

it could be nice, if he send the complains to cm, instead of serving the notice to the concerned minister.he ignore the joint responsibility of the council of ministers.

Governor has no such constitutioal right.

(Guest)

My dear innocent brothers !!

Congress Legislator Mr. K. C. Kondaiah is not such innocent.  You all behaving like tools.  You all are forgotten that Mr. Kondaiah is a politician and he intentionally did it to get its political mileage by making this issue a propoganda.  He wanted a proponganda to have publicity in his own interest and it is not for public interest.  He too know that the Governor cannot do anything serious in this matter.  If he is really in sort of it he would have approached to anti-corruption and other vigilance departments and may may also have legal orders from the court.

Why intelactuals ever defeated by even illiterate politicians ??  Because dont practice the politics.

To fight with a Gunner you should also have a gun with practical training to operate it.

Books make scientists, books do not make Leaders.

A dedicated reader of "CHANAKYA-NIETEE" is not ever becomes a RAJNEETIGYA (Politician).

So ?  BE PRACTICAL.   And I'm sorry ever for enough.....  

(Guest)

Dear Mr. V. N. Tripathi, we are waiting your concluding opinion please...

OR you hope some more opinions from people ?? 

Did you get what you wanted here ???

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     20 May 2010

Dear Mr. Ram Samudre,

I am not an authority to give concluding opinion. Moreover, I think , the issue desrves more debate.

In the same  column in which I did read this news, Union Law Minister Mr. Moily has justified the action of the Governor saying that if such type of action was not taken by the Governors in the past, it was their mistake.

(Guest)

Well Mr. Tripathi,

See, here you have given a very important information which, I think, if you whould have included at initial stage so it will have given us another angle to think over.  Now we can think over it.  It is always proper to think on all the aspects of any matter.

It seems a great and good if the Governor will have been somewhow elected by the people and given such powers where as an constitutional authority he would be having such rights for such action against LMAs who found in any misconduct to give them a call back due to their insolvancy.

Thanks and best regards.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 May 2010

Understood. Mr moily is behind the curtain. Such activities pointing out the negative role of Governors. The role is definitely an unconstitutional act.

(Guest)

Dear Brothers !! seen the fingerstrip dance ???

(Guest)

Everyone !!  Who believe in our Democratic Constitution !! Please come up !!!...   

PLEASE COME OUT AND OPPOSE THE ACTION DONE BY A PROJECTED PERSON WHO IS NOT AN ELECTED BY US.. IT IS DEMOCRACY AND NO SUCH PROJECTED (NOMINATED) PERSON HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY TO HAVE A TRIAL OF AN ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE OF US CITIZENS...

VOTE JUST HERE.....

IF ANYONE DO ANY MISCONDUCT THAT SHOULD BE TRIALLED ONLY BY THE CONSTITUTIONAL BODIES AND IN THE COURT OF LAW AS PER CONSTITUTION PROVISIONS ONLY AND PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO BECOME SUPERIOR THAN OUR CONSTITUTION !!!.....

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 May 2010

ram samudre ji,

Already voted the above act as unconstitutional.

Thanks and regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register