LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kaushi (NA)     17 June 2013

Power of attorney nri


I have a flat in Mumbai
I would like to put it up on rent.
My father already has a POA
But however the registrar has refused to use that POA as it does not mention the leave and license clause.
this is the POA my dad has
I would like to make a new POA 
My query was that 
Do I need to make it on a plain paper n get it attested at the Indian embassy here in my country of residence.
Or shd my dad send me a franked copy of the POA and should I sign and attest that .


 4 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     17 June 2013


[1] Only ownership flats can be given on Leave & License basis; [2] The POA should specifically permit Leave & License as also permit delivery of Leave & License documents from Registrar's office; [3] The POA has to be on a Maharashtra Govt. stamp paper or on a ledger paper duly franked in Mumbai with the requisite amount, the receipt issued by the franking authorities is to be preserved; [4] The POA should have the photos of both the parties; [5] It should be attested by the authorities of the Indian Embassy; [6] It should be presented for adjudication at the Registrar's office at Mumbai.

Good Luck

Kishor Mehta

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     18 June 2013

Dear friend,

I agree with Mr.Kishor's views and it should be better in Stamp paper and shoule be attested signed before the Indian Emabssy. If it is in UAE please let me know so that we shall assist you.


Best regards




Abu Dhabi

Kaushi (NA)     18 June 2013

Thanks I live in singapore. By stamp paper Do u mean the franking you get on plain paper.

Paras Awasthi (Businessman)     25 June 2013



You can get a detailed reply to your Query from


Visit and you post an online query on the website, you will get a detailed reply on your query from practising porperty lawyers. The answers would include information on the law as well as the procedure/possibilities that you have. The reply would be made taking into consideration your personal case.


Get reliable legal help on indian law online!



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register