LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (Staff)     18 June 2016

Power of attorney

We are three siblings. After my father's demise, we got the property records (i.e RTC)   transferred in our three names jointly.The property is  located in native place (Mangalore) Karnataka. I want to give POA to my brother to represent me at the government office, so that he can get the land sub-divided/measured and  mutate my portion of the property in my name.

Does the power of attorney need to be registered or can it just be notarized?  Should it be a specific POA or general POA?

If the POA needs to be registered, then can I do the registration of the POA where I am situated?

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 June 2016

General Power of Attorney (GPA)  The agent has the right to carry out all legal activities on the behalf of the principal without any restricting to a particular act or transaction  It grants broad powers to the agent to make decisions  Special Power of Attorney (SPA)  This is a restricted service, where the agent is given authority to certain or specific legal activities. These activities are defined in the document  The agent’s power of attorney ceases on the completion of the transaction(s)

Amol Kende (No)     18 June 2016

I suggest u make SPA to your brother where this legal task should mention clearly

I suggest u make SPA to your brother where this legal task should mention clearly

Ajay (Staff)     19 June 2016

In the above mentioned situation is it necessary that the special POA or general POA need to be registered to effectuate the transaction?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register