LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhoopal Reddy (...)     03 March 2012

Poperty right for daughter

My sister-in-law's uncle and aunty expired 10 years ago,later her husband also expired.

Now her husband's sister claiming our sister-in-law's property..she wants her share from the property.

She's maried 20 yrs back she has sons who are majors,since the death of her husband she has no relation withe her husband's family.

As per law can she claim for the share in property,does she have the right for that??

Please sugest for options..

Thanking you..

Learning

3 Replies

Bhoopal Reddy (...)     03 March 2012

Originally posted by :Bhoopal Reddy
"
My sister-in-law's uncle and aunty expired 10 years ago,later her husband also expired.

Now her husband's sister is claiming our sister-in-law's property..she wants her share from the property.

She's maried 20 yrs back she has sons who are majors,since the death of her husband she has no relation withe her husband's family.

As per law can she claim for the share in property,does she have the right for that??

Please sugest for options..

Thanking you..
"

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     03 March 2012

Assuming the parties to be hindu, the deceased husband's sister can lay no claim on his property for she is a class II heir, and in the presence of Class I heir i.e widow - there is no right. However if the property was an ancestral one and not absolutely owned by her husband - then she is automatically entitled to half of the same. 

Legal Maximus ( IP & Back office legal support and documents)     04 March 2012

Intellectual Property and property messed up.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register