LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raju123 (as)     29 May 2024

Police not taking any action against fir raised under 354b and planning for b report

Hi All,

Initially police did not entertain our complaint instead raised false FIR( the sections are bailable) with the influence of political and Money power. However, with a lot of effort and involvement of senior police officers, we made the police to file FIR under various sections included 354B against accused's who had indulged in assault and molestation of my wife and assault of my father and myself. However, even though IPC section 354B and other sections have been imposed in the FIR against the accused’s, i see no action has been taken till now by the police except spot inspection completed- i believe 354B is Non-bailable offence. We made our further effort to bring this matter to the senior police officials but no luck. On the other-hand police are not supporting us instead advising for compromise with the accused who have also filed false FIR(which is Bailable at station level) on us with influence of Political and money power. We need justice and are stick to it. We have provided MLC and other evidences to police through registered post as they are not supporting whenever we meet them in person. Now the ask is,

1. Till how many days the police can hold the FIR from submitting charge sheet? some says 30days while other says 90days etc.

2. How to make our case further strong and move forward, like arrest of the accused's since it is filed under 354B etc.?

3. How to prevent police from submitting false B report?

4. The police are indirectly threating us to convert the existing FIR into IPC section 320( I believe Gravious hurt!) if we do not got for compromise( all this happening offline only). How to face this situation?


Please help me here.



 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2024

1. Time limit for filing charge sheet is 60 days and 90 days,  but usually the police take double the time when there's no pressure on them. 

2. The arrest of accused will depend on police action,  in your case the police is reluctant to take any action,  hence you cannot expect them to arrest and will give time to accused to get enlarged on bail. 

3. You can file an objection before concerned magistrate if they file false closure report. 

4. Don't agree to police offer neither budge to their pressure. 

Raju123 (as)     29 May 2024

Thank you sir, like always you are the first to respond. I really appriciate your help here. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register