Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh (AM)     27 January 2015

Pls pls help: under 18 year marriage

Dear All

My friends want to marry but there is a problem i.e. age limit both boy & girl under 18 years. They have done some mistake for solve that problem both family's are ready for marriage

Need your help on that...pls pls

Learning

12 Replies

Hemant Soin (Self)     27 January 2015

Dear Yogesh, Though both the families are agreed but it is against the law, As boy's age is less than 21 years therefore the marriage will be unconstitutional. Therefore in the present matter marriage can't be soleminised but engagment can be done.

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     27 January 2015

If matter is so critical, it not null and void.

fighter (Software professional)     27 January 2015

You can do the marriage but you have to be cautious that some one should not complain to police.both are minor,if any body complain,your friend can go to baal sudhar grah.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     27 January 2015

Dear Querist

Legally, the marriage is not valid but if there is any tradition then it may be possible.

contact a lawyer personally,  it will be better.

Amit Bajotra (PROPRIETOR)     27 January 2015

Although it is not legal, but once it has been made it cannot be nullified or void.

Yogesh (AM)     28 January 2015

thanks for your suggestion....but is there any other solution??

can police will help for marriage.

my main concern is their family should not face any problem

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     28 January 2015

I think it is your problem not your friends problem…You cannot marry under 18..it is an offence

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     29 January 2015

Before everything, we can not read any section in isolation rather need to read Section 5, 6, 12 18 together. As sec 6 allows that guardian can consent for marriage, if boy girl are happy to marry. To prove culpability aggrieved parties to marriage has to get it declared voidable and if voidability is proved, in that case it's an offence and punishable. So no offence, go for marriage, otherwise may face serious consequence.
1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     29 January 2015

first consult a local lawyer at your place and discuss the problem which you both have committed before attempting to go for marriage 

because no problem if you go for marriage but problem will come only if anyone complains about your under age 

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     29 January 2015

Dear Experts, try to understand the sensitivity of the matter. Two families are at stake and allow them to go ahead. Don't confuse them.
1 Like

Yogesh (AM)     03 February 2015

seriously we are confused......i dont know wat to say & how will sort this... :(

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     07 February 2015

Willingness and respect for women is the solution here, I am not becoming personal, however surely suggest to please flip the situation and feel the emotion, suffering of brother or father of the victim girl and then decide. If so you will be able to free from all confusion. Law is made for human being and to maintain law and order situation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register