LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishor kohinoor   29 January 2018

Plot purchasing

I have purchased the plot in the year 1971 still i have not done any thing even tax has been paid till todayexcept registration ,is it sufficient? Is it any problem in future?


 10 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 January 2018

what tax that you are supposed to pay and which you did not pay?

kishor kohinoor   30 January 2018

Muncipal tax,gram panchayat tax

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 January 2018

Why did you not pay?  What is the difficulty?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 January 2018

Whether there is any tax for housing plot (vacant land).  Just make inquiries with Municipality and Panchayat, and if there are arrears, just pay the tax like a responsible citizen.  Tax payment receipts establish ownership and possession in legal matters. (Adverse possession)

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     30 January 2018

Stamping and registration of a sale deed is necessary while purchasing an immovable property, just payment of property tax doesn't prove ownership.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 January 2018

The property was already registered.  TAX PAID receipts establish possession so that some one can not claim adverse possession.  Further it saves the property from being auctioned for want of tax.  In case of every loan with Bank DEVIL T are required. (Document, EC,Valuation,Insurance, Legal opinion, Tax paid receipt) 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 January 2018

Property tax is a tax assessed on real estate. The tax is usually based on the value of the property (including the land) you own and is often assessed by local or municipal governments.
Every year is to be paid. 

kishor kohinoor   02 February 2018

I am having sale deed it is enogh?

kishor kohinoor   02 February 2018

I am having sale deed it is enough, i will pay tax and mutation can be done at the time of house construction

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 February 2018

Having a registered title deed is enough, the revenue records are only additional to substantiate possession, and you have to ensure that it remains in your possession always.  Normally there is no tax on well maintained housing plots (if they are not well maintained ..means lot of bushes, rain wanted harming the health of other residaents-- authorities are never bothered. Even if you have title deed, never neglect possession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query