LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

navdeep (ABM)     12 May 2014

Please reply very urgent query 498

We were intimated by a constable about the mediation in court and we were called to the PS. There the IO got us signed on a paper in which it was written "There are sufficient proof for your crime and you are directed to attend mediation, on failure you will be charged 5k per date"

I objected and said it is not true we have proofs of our innocence so he said it is just formality and in 498 it is considered priorily so you have to sign it.

Now one of my lawyer advised me that never sign 498 file otherwise it is understood that you have admitted crime and you will be arrested. Is it so, please reply i am very much in terror due to it. Will immediately after failure of mediation IO will arrest us??? 


 6 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     12 May 2014

Don't Faith on police authorities blindly......

navdeep (ABM)     12 May 2014

But sir please tell about what had happened (about that format and our sign on it), is it true that IO will arrest us??

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     12 May 2014

May be or may not be... It depends on the facts and circumstances and the police... Better you take anticipatory bail...

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     13 May 2014

Dear friend, 

First of all, the format which you have signed under influence of the police is not at all mandatory to be signed by any of the party in matrimonial case. 

Secondly, It is always the option of the party whether they want a mediation or not, it is not a compulsory for any one but always on their sweet will. By any means it can not be imposed upon you. 

You can directly go to the metropolitan magistrate stating so that the police made you compel to sign this type of an statement which is absolutly wrong.

You should try for an anticipatory Bail first as this Sec 498A is a criminal charge and you can be arrested by the police.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges,  you can contact undersigned on below given  phone number.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on site for my appraisal.

Click "LIKE" in appreciation of the above answer.

Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)

Supreme Court Of India,
High Court & District Courts of Delhi, UP & UK.
For Civil, Criminal, Property, Recovery, Consumer,
Service & Family Dispute Matters.


Ph: 9582144748

1 Like

anand (bussiness)     13 May 2014

Dear sir,


             my marriage held on sep-2013, my wife birth day is mention in bio-data in the year of 1985,i believe the words,i consent the marriage,after that she is not produce the certificate for registration purpose ,so i doubt,i compel the certificate i verify the transfer certificate i suddenly shock she is 3 years elder then compare with me,next day she is going to parental home,last 3 month living separately,now she is threaten to me via false demand dowry harassment compliant including my families (498A ipc),am not ready to living with my wife, because lot of misunderstanding  so please give me guide what i do? my brother is police man if she is add the compliant ,how i do safe my brother job? sir please help?

navdeep (ABM)     13 May 2014

Dear anand,

take precautionary steps for 498 which can save u, like applications to local SSP that she is threating for false case, m facing same situation but my cases have been filed so i can tell u by experience. this forum will also help u to suggest steps, read the forum posts deeply u will find.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads