Please Help, Suggestion needed- property dispute among mom and son

After my father in law died on 2007 , the house in Jaipur )he owned went down to three shares, Mother in law , his elder sine my husband and his younger son .... He was working in some govt job , therefore after his death , the job was offered to his wife, who stepped out as she was a house wife and offered the same job to her younger son (My brother in law), wht she told me that there was paper signed by the govt official, that the younger son will take care of her mother ...

Since my mother in law was always interested to stay with the younger son and in Jaipur., so she stayed with him.... Me and my husband are married since five yrs and we stay in Gurgaon, we have our own house.... The younger son got married past two yrs, for which we guys not informed, but he has consent of my mom in law...  He was trouble for my mom in law before marriage as well, however after his marriage , we always hear complaints frm her ref to him and his wife, for which we thought was small fights and arguments, so she used to come and stay wd us for 3-4 months and goes back...

My mom in law gets pension, which was also shared with hi younger son .... Now the scene is - the younger son and his wife have started troubling her and she was not keeping well for past 3-4 months and have to undergo treatment in Jaipur , and at that period she wa thrown out of the house by her son and his wife , my husband took care of his mother and stayed with her in hospital for 2- weeks, and finally bring her here to stay wd us for ever … I was never involved in their family issues, but always welcomed my mom in law to stay wd us, but she was keen to stay in Jaipur being her homecity… Have been to Jaipur since three yrs coz of unethical behavior of the younger son… He is very aggressive and rude..

I am sorry to such a long story…. But now my mother in law wants to sell that house and stay wd us forever, my husband is nt that keen to start this argument of property… But since the house has three shares, so I want to know what can be done …

1.Younger brother is still staying at that house

2.He is very aggressive ,so I doubt talking to him will not help.

3. Me and my husband both are working in private sectors , difficult for us to go often to Jaipur to sort out things with him…



What  is the lawful way to sort out the issue, by selling the house and giving 1/3 of property value to younger son and ending all sort of relationship with him and his wife…  






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x