LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manmeet singh (self employed)     26 January 2016

Please help me in armed forces tribunal act case

Respected Members,

I filed an application before AFT under section 14 of AFT Act 2007 on behalf of my father  to achieve the proper pension in Jan 2015. My father is mental ill personality and senior citizen of age around 75 years and an ex-sailor . Registery has founded some defects in application. I have removed that defects.

in persent time court fix hearing date for very long period of 2-3 months whereas i want that court may decide this case on periorty.

kindly suggest me how can i obtain justice on periort basis.

your advice is very valuable for me


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 January 2016

The AFT was set up through an act of Parliament in 2007 to provide quicker and less expensive justice to members of the army, navy and air force, as all service matters were to be heard only by the AFT and not any other court.
More than 4,500 cases are pending before various branches of the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT), exposing pitfalls in the justice delivery mechanism in the armed forces. To make matters worse, AFT orders are often violated since the tribunal does not have any civil contempt power. 

Ajit Kakkar   27 January 2016

Hi, You have not specified the City in which you have filed the case on behalf of your father, if it is filed in Delhi I will help you out. If it is outside Delhi let me know I will try to help with best possible means.


With Warm Wishes

Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

Military Lawyer



Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     25 May 2016

your proper remedy is in CAT (Central Administrative Tribunal) in Delhi so i suggest to go for proper authority.

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register