LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Please help me

Hi Please Please help me,

Am a software engineer & my parents are very old, they just cant fight with my in-laws family. They are threatening me very badly.

married 3 months ago (as per HINDU marriage act), near my days marriage days i found my wife is little adamant on her issues, I just left & moved on with life. Later, one day for small disagreement, she threatened me by suicide & told she will put me & my family in trouble. (when we were in her home along with her parents.) if i didn't agree with ther.
Later on i found she has attitude problems, she is not properly adjusting with my parents - she always avoiding my parents, found she has been advised by her parents too.

One fine day morning for small dispute, she attempted for sucide (hang) in my home & i rescued her with help of my neighbour.
After that incident i have sent my wife to her home for this reason, But her parents are telling me, these are all common problems in life & advising me to adjust with her.

BUT STRANGE TRUTH I FOUND, her parents took her hospital to psychiatrist without informing me & (i found this while am speaking with my wife through phone)
she admitted that she has some problem from her childhood days & treated with same psychiatrist, But her parents are hiding from me.

along this she has serious wheezing problem & serious irregular menstrual cycle problem - they didn't informed about this to our family before marriage.

my parents are worrying like they anything because of these issues. - we are all mentally disturbed lot.

Am planning for divorce but Am from lower middle class family - I dont have big financial & people support in society. AFRAID OF MY LIFE VERY BADLY. Please help.


 4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 January 2014

You have done a blunder mistake when you and your neighbour had rescue her from attempting suicide that time you had report to the police u/s 309 ipc against her ,and also collect your neighbours and report her suicidal attempt and her suicidal tendency , now it will be very difficult to live with her , do collecting her medical report and ask the doctors about her disease whether can be treated medically or not if not then file divorce case and rid from her.


Thank you sir for your reply, I will try to get the reports.

But am unable to got police at that time (only 15 days back), still she is in her home only. 

Is there anyway to record this incident now?




Mohini (housewife)     02 January 2014

Sir, i want some help on following problems. One of my friends male whose wife expired in year april 2005 , he remarry with divorecee girl who brought one baby with her ,but within one year problem arised and she left to parents house., At the time of paying one time alimony ( in may 2006 ) we came to know she is having divorece on stamp paper in sub registrar office,but when we promised to pay money even my friend paid money by cheque and advocate made DEED OF DIVORECE on stamp paper, we registered and also paid registration charges., When in august 2008 when my friend applied for renewel of Passport ,The local officer seen all the papers and said when your second wife is not legally divorecee therefore your marriage is not valid ( in between we got some paper of second wife showing new name of her husband in school application form of year 2005 That school certificate shown to passport officer ) there u show only your first wife ( she expired in year 2004 ) therefore my friend shown filled that he is widower in year august 2008. Breif : Name Ashok whose wife expired in april 2005. He married with divocrecee girl, she brought her one daughter in year 2005 , Daughter was having from her previous husband. She left May 2006 with her daughter, From my friend no any child. We paid money in 2006,advocate made DEED OF DIVORECE , amount paid by cheque and registered ,also paid registration charges and at that time came to know that she is having divorece deed signed in sub registered office but when gone for PASSPORT office , officer tole me that your second wife in not your legally wife, why u paid any money to her, she is still wife of her first huabnd and as her daughters school admission in year may 2005 whowing new name in fathers column means she is married with that person in year 2005. Ple let me know if DEED OF DIVORECE ON STAMP paper is not valid why the advocates are doing such kind of business and harraseing the parties, means passport officer is more knowledgeable than such kind of advocate. Pls. Thanks

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 January 2014

Mohini it is totally a fraud done by the advocate with your friend , there is no such divorce deed in the law which is made on the stamp paper , on stamp paper divorce is not granted ,for divorce you have to file case in the court and court has power to grant the divorce decree , this is the valid procedure , outside the court settlement and divorce on stamp paper is void and has no value .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register